About Me

My photo
Hey everyone. Thanks so much for all of the well wishes and encouragement. I will be moving to Orlando on August 30, 2010. I can't wait! I'm going to miss everyone so I hope to get lots of visitors. I've created this blog as a way to keep in touch with family and friends (both new and old!) Be sure to follow me here to find out about all of my wonderful Disney College Program adventures!

Friday, September 3, 2010

So I've been here at Disney for 5 days now. I LOVE IT! My roommates are awesome and I've already made some wonderful friends. Our apartment is just the right size. I'm pretty much all settled in and everything is unpacked and in its place. I'm working at Downtown Disney. I will potentially be working 3 different stores: The Art of Disney, Making Memories, and Design A Tee. Yesterday was my first day of training. 3:30-midnight. Looooong hours but myself, Claire, Jenny, and Josh had a lot of fun with it because of our amazing trainer Jeanette. That woman was hilarious! I have today off. Tomorrow I have Merchantainment. Hopefully that will go by quickly. Then another day off on Sunday before more training M-Th. Thursday doesn't really count though because I only have a 2 hour Create-a-Hat training. Yay for customized Mickey Ear Hats! I also get to learn how to one-stitch embroider names on them. Kinda nervous about that. I went and bought my hideous granny shoes for work to go along with my not so attractive costume. It's seriously like they didn't want to come up with a different costume for the women so we got exactly what the men wear: black pants, white dress shirt, and a tie. And not a classy tie. A bright obnoxious tie that fades from color to color; red, orange, yellow, and purple. All covered in drawings of Mickey. Oh, and did I mention Polyester?? Haha. Love it. Not. Oh well, I knew it was coming. I really think I'm going to enjoy my work locations. They're all small and best of all, AIR CONDITIONED! I was so afraid I'd get stuck at some cart outside in this awful Florida heat. My thermometer in the car read 100 degrees when I left for training yesterday. Insane heat. So yeah, nothing too exciting yet in the life of this Disney CP. It's really nice to be able to just go to the parks when I'm bored though and there's always someone to go with! I absolutely love it here and can't wait for all of my family and friends from back home to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment